Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ubuntu 8.0.4.1

Looks like a full maintenance release of Ubuntu. I found a couple bugs in 8.04 but found workarounds - since 8.04 came out. I'm downloading the 8.04.1 iso right now and will test it out in a VM. If it is significant enough and fixes some of the issues I had 'out of the box' I think I might regenerate my LAVA and upload a new iso based on it. Actually the fact that it has the final build of firefox might be incentive enough.

Also I found a beta of a pdf import/editor extension for open-office that I thought I might include in the next build. It will give me an excuse to add it in as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where I can download this version? ubuntu site has only 8.0.4

Thanks
mark

Antonio Sosa said...

you can find Ubuntu 8.0.4.1 on their ftp site or on distrowatch.com

For those who do not know - distrowatch.com - is a great site to periodically check out for the latest on your favorite linux distro. You can download them and see how they rank with popularity.