Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ubuntu Remote Control Help Desk Tool


Just built a small app which allows you to make a connection to a technician so they can remotely see your desktop and help out when you have problems with your ubuntu.

I built a version for windows about a year ago and we use it in the office instead of webex for all our clients. It was really popular so I built a mac version later that year and this year I built a gtk version for Ubuntu. I only tested it on Ubuntu 8.10 64bit and 32bit and my LAVA but it should work across all the ubuntu family that has gtk installed. In fact it technically should work on any debian based distro that can install a deb and has gtk installed.

I attached a screen shot.

http://office.ansotech.com/share/LAVA/remotecontrol.deb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read the blog. Thank you for it. I like such themes and anything connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.
Alex
Cell phone blocker