Tuesday, August 14, 2007

More Free Software

Microsoft XP and Vista is part of my life. Regardless of how I feel, I cannot escape it. Almost everyone I know around me runs Windows. I have been able to convert some and some I will never convert.

In my endeavors I have found that although some will never convert, they are however ok with free software besides the operating system. Which in my book is one step closer to replacing Windows on the desktop. Programs such as OpenOffice, 7-zip etc.

Well I ran across another app worthy of including in anyone's Windows free toolkit.

You gotta love sourceforge. Well Infrarecorder was there waiting for me. Infrarecorder is one powerful opensource cd-burning software.

Eveytime I jump on sourceforge, I get excited because there is always something waiting for me. If you are looking to replace either your Nero, UltraISO, or someone else's, try out Infrarecorder.

I know this is my Ubuntu blog, but I think replacing proprietary software with great opensource software lends itself to a Ubuntu way of thinking and advocating replacing software on a Window's Desktop is getting people to acknowledge that free software can be every bit as exciting and useful as software that is not free even more so. One day they may look at their system and realize that the only thing they are running that they had to pay for is Windows and that will make it easier for them to realize they don't need it either.

"Replacing proprietary software one install at a time."

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Yes, I agree with you. It is sure that more and more free programs appear on desktop of people's computer.Now there are many great free Windows programs I used. You can find them on my blog http://cstrikedish.blogspot.com
Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome - already see a couple apps on your site I might add to my list.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Good post.