Monday, February 4, 2008

Last minute thoughts on build 3.0

Hi All

I uploaded 3.0 but received some emails concerning some changes and I wanted to share them with the rest of you.

Several people want me to include the following apps to the standard build of LAVA:
xnest - allows you to have multiple xwindows on the same display to your local or remote pcs.
pzip - compression tool
system-config-samba - easier and more features then the standard sharing applet in ubuntu.
nautilus-search - right click context sensitive search add-on in nautilus.

and finally the torrent debate.
I added transmission, a light weight but slightly more feature rich than the standard bittorent client but some want deluge and others want bit tornado. So how's everyone's experience with either. Transmission seems to work fine for me and is really light weight. I've never used the other two.

No comments: