Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New build on it's way

Been awhile since i built a new version of lavalite and lava. I've been playing with the new build of ubuntu and xubuntu. Each time there is a new version, I like to reformat my test pc and run my scripts and see if there is any way to improve upon the great work Canonical does with ubuntu and xubuntu. The process takes some time as I like to see if there are any new programs in synaptic I might want to include as well as all the tweaks I normally include that may or may not be necessary with the new builds.

I'm almost ready and will probably have a new version of the CD, Plus and dev out by early next week.

Please let me know if there is anything you have seen which you think might make for a better experience.

Along with the normal changes, I'm thinking of changing the default mediaplayer from vlc to mplayer. It seems to run wmv files better.

No comments: