Sunday, April 22, 2007

Do you have a favorite Ubuntu App?

Vote for your favorite applications.

Trying to build an ultimate DVD for LAVA Plus is not easy. There are so many applications available from Synaptic that at times you just do not know which DVD, File manager, or Audio player you want to include. I have tested a bunch of applications from Synaptic and have narrowed my application list.

Is there an app you cannot find in Synaptic that you use? Find yourself downloading it and compiling it all the time? Or you want an application but have not been able to build it on your system?

Throw your comments onto my blog on which apps you use the most, which apps you'd like to see added to LAVA Plus and which apps you cannot find in Synaptic and I'll do my best to make debs outta them and include them in my next build.

Once I have decided on the included applications, I am going to document taking the Ubuntu iso and making the LAVA Plus iso in a video and upload it so others can learn how to customize the iso and make a deb out of a source tar.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amarok is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

I love Drupal 5.1 for web content creation and management. It allowed me to setup a professional website complete with multi-user contribution in 1 day!

(It wasn't so easy before version 5.0 and the Ubuntu package...)

Anonymous said...

Only 2 games: Frozen Bubble and PRBoom (the classic Doom game).

Online Business said...

stardict is my favorit app n very useful