Tuesday, April 24, 2007

LAVA Releases

Just wanted to let everyone know that the final versions of LAVA will be available tomorrow. Shortly thereafter I will release a tutorial, as well as video on how I customized each version as well as outline why customizing Ubuntu is important for users as well as IT. These isos are finished and I will queue them to upload tonight onto my blogsite: http://lavalinux.blogspot.com

Here is a list of the LAVA Editions I have planned for tomorrow's release. I will also have a list on my blogsite with details of every software change I made per edition.

LAVA:
Basic Edition: This is a CD Version for all those who do not have DVDs on their laptops and or PCs / Servers.
PLUS Edition: This is LAVA BASIC as well as software I think add to the overall gnome user experience. I also preloaded the best games, multimedia apps, etc. Because of the added software, this is a DVD Edition.
DEV Edition: The Developer DVD Edition. It contains all the Plus software as well as development tools for Gnome, Python, Web, etc. I also installed a bunch of game engines and 3d software. I think this is the only Linux installer that actually installs panda3d and crystal space, ogre, pygame, etc so you can start game designing right away. I also installed a bunch of business libs and utilities to manage and design business and database apps.

All editions have been the result of several months worth of trial and error. My next step is to document all the tweaks so everyone can build each version from a normal Ubuntu iso.

No comments: