Thursday, October 23, 2008

NEW LAVALite Blog

Decided to start a new blog to highlight my LAVALite project. Now that I have finished my Gnome LiveCD I have spent the last two weeks playing with XFCE and have started building a new livecd I call LAVALite.

Yes Jim - I really like it. Took awhile for me to warm up with Xfce but now after a two weeks I decided to load it on my laptop as well as my development machine.

Some of the new changes I made on Xubuntu version:

mp3, wma play in audacious : also changed defaults in audacious to put up OSD, etc

avi, wmv, mov, rm, mpg, mpeg play in vlc: changed defaults so it has shoutcast in playlist for movies and videos, HAL devices, Repeat all, etc.

removed abiword, gnumeric and added writer, calc, impress, draw

pre-installed some firefox and thunderbird extensions. Same extensions I placed in LAVA build.

Added a slew of right click context sensitive right clicks - some include email file, print file, search for files, convert to avi, mpg, wmv, convert to bmp, png, jpg, run iso as live cd, join avi files, add subtitles to avi.

Added some iso apps, system apps, etc.

If you have been following my LAVA project you will notice very similar functionality to the LAVA CD build. I will post some screenshots as well as some of the code for some of the scripts I wrote in Thunar filemanager.

New Blog is http://lavalite.blogspot.com

No comments: