Thursday, October 30, 2008

New Server

Setting up a new server for the office for my personal projects.

Yep finally was able to get myself a decent new server for all my personal projects. Right now all the pages, isos, code is on multiple shared servers. I'm going to start to consolidate it on my new beefy machine.

I have a new Dell server Quad Core with 16 GB RAM, Dual GB Nic, 80 SAS drive and 1TB secondary SATAII drive, 2MB cache on each core. Loaded LAVALite on it yesterday and setup a default install of Apache, SSH, ProFTPD, PHP4, Ruby, Python, WebMin and will install MySQL on it today along with configuring SSH and Apache for virtual domains.

Once I am done, I'm going to start moving all my isos and update my blog with the new links as well as move over all my Linux game programming code and builds over to it. I am also going to move newlava.ansotech.com to it and setup my domain lavalinux.com to point to it.

I was able to accomplish alot yesterday and in just 3 or 4 hours thanks to Linux, Ubuntu and of course my LAVALite. I just love free software.

No comments: