Thursday, January 29, 2009

simplevms.com

I recently purchased simplevms.com and plan to start building a website with virtual machine solutions built with ubuntu and lavalinux stacks. As many of you know virtual appliance are great when you want to test out a server solution without building a physical server. I have been building servers for the last 9 years and recently I have really taken vm technology to a whole new level within my company. I want to start making some of the technology available online so...

Some of the stacks I plan on building:
Developer stack : eclipse, php, python, ruby, apache, mysql, tomcat, oh may :)
Jabber Stack: apache, jabber server, admin site, jabber client site.
VOIP stack: asterisk, flash admin website, apache
Fileserver: samba, website admin, hylafax server, pdf printer server folder
SCV: Subversion, CVS, git, git web interface, apache, Bazzar
iFolder: Folder syncronization, Web admin, Web client installs,
SSH gateway: SSH server with webmin for admin.

If you have an idea for a virtual appliance send me an email and I might build it and post it.

No comments: